Featuring Chad Bong MS, L.OM, L.MT – www.sportsacupuncturealliance.com
On Wednesday February 20, 2019 we hosted a free Webinar. Attendees learned about highly responsive, but often overlooked injuries such as Pes Anserine Bursitis and Distal Hamstring Strain.
This lecture covered basic understanding of the injuries and the anatomy that is directly involved, treatment strategies, and needle techniques.
What you will learn:
- Identification of location of injury
- Palpation techniques
- Anatomy directly involved in injuries
- Needle techniques for bursitis, tendons, and belly of muscles
- How to tell what tissue you are in by “feel” of the needle
- Brief discussion of how Chad uses electric stimulation*
- *This will not be a lecture on E-stim, but just a statement on how he uses it*
Who should watch:
- Practitioners interested in learning more about Sports Acupuncture (All Levels)
- Practitioners interested in treating musculoskeletal injuries
- General practitioners who want to add some understanding of common injuries that are often misinterpreted and usually respond well to acupuncture.
JOIN CHAD AND HIS TEAM – April 5-7, 2019 – Philadelphia, PA – Sports Acupuncture Alliance Summit 2019
SAVE 15% OFF THE SUMMIT – USE CODE: KNEE AT CHECKOUT
ABOUT CHAD BONG:
Chad Bong is an acupuncturist who specializes in sports injuries and pain, practicing at Philadelphia Sports Acupuncture and the University of Pennsylvania.
Chad and a group of his colleagues have teamed up to create the Sports Acupuncture Alliance. They are preparing for their 3rd Annual Symposium which has renowned speakers such as Dr. Arya Nielsen, Dr. Clayton Shiu and Derrick McBride. Join them (and Lhasa OMS) in Philadelphia, PA – April 5-7, 2019! Contact [email protected] for more information.
He has completed Master’s degrees in both Exercise Science and Oriental Medicine and and 800 hour massage therapy certification. He has studied with Whitfield Reaves, one of the leaders in acupuncture sports medicine, since 2007.
Chad is a contributing author to The Acupuncture Handbook of Sports Injuries and Pain. He also co-authored articles that have been have published in multiple acupuncture journals. He has assisted Mr. Reaves in teaching seminars around the world and for the Acupuncture Sports Medicine Apprenticeship Group. Chad teaches classes at the WON Institute and Tristate Acupuncture College. He also teaches continuing education on sports acupuncture and orthopedic assessment.
Chad enjoys training for sports, if he had time he would train for them all, but since he does not, he can usually be found rock climbing or training for a triathlon. He lives with his wife Meghan, daughter Fiona, and their dogs Bailey and Barkley.