We have received a growing number of questions about the safety and availability of products originating from Asian manufacturers due to COVID-19. Shortly after the COVID-19 outbreak occurred in China, Lhasa OMS set in motion an established plan to ensure our practitioners can continue to source and trust the products they need, while also ensuring for the safety of our team.
We are in continual contact with our manufacturing partners and are being told that there are currently no large scale supply issues. Presently, there are no known issues with resupplying needles. However, some of our herbal formula manufacturing partners have made us aware that there may be quantity restrictions on specific formulas.
Other known product supply issues:
- All face masks are out of stock with no timeline for replenishment
- We have a limited supply of hand sanitizer and are working with our suppliers to replenish stock as soon as possible
Product Health Risks
- Our partners currently tell us that there are no production issues and there should be no health concerns for the transmission of the virus on packaged goods
- The CDC also advises that because of poor survivability of the coronaviruses on surfaces, there is a very low risk of it spreading from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures
Prevention & Response Measures
Additionally, we have engaged in certain prevention and response measures, which include addressing active and ongoing supply chain risks, travel and facility access restrictions, and team education. More specifically:
- We have invested early and significantly to secure products, ensuring product supply for the better part of the remainder of 2020.
- We have engaged in active and ongoing monitoring, specifically disease progression, country and CDC and WHO responses, supplier and supply chain risks, and prevention and containment measures.
- We have implemented an international business travel ban and are now restricting anyone having traveled outside the continental United States from entry into any Company facility for 20 days (the accepted COVID-19 incubation period).
- We have implemented measures as to who can enter our facilities and are restricting access accordingly.
- We have formulated a “COVID-19 Preparedness Package” of products we sell (focused on boosting immunity and addressing stress) for our employees and discussed COVID-19 preparedness tactics.
- We have implemented on-site prevention measures.
We at Lhasa OMS take the COVID-19 threat seriously, and we are taking all reasonable measures to prepare for and mitigate the risk of COVID-19 to our staff, our products, our business, and your business. We will be as transparent as possible with you regarding our plans and activities to continue to provide you with the highest quality supply products. Thank you for choosing Lhasa OMS as your preferred supply partner. Be safe and be well.
Chief Customer Officer