In January of 2021 we hosted, Dr. Rekha Lund, DAOM, MPT, Dipl.O.M. (NCCAOM), L.Ac. for her FREE webinar, Computer Overuse Syndrome: Ergonomics for Neck & Shoulder Pain.
WATCH RECORDING ON DEMAND
VIEW UNANSWERED QUESTIONS
About this Webinar:
We are all using our computers now more than we ever have! In this webinar, Dr. Lund shows how to quickly recognize common faulty postures and why stretching is not enough to improve alignment and pain. You will learn FIVE key points to address when teaching patients proper position at the computer. She discussed ways to promote patient compliance and retention by providing them with exercises they can “take home” with them.
Please note: We experienced technical difficulties immediately following the lecture. The unanswered Questions and Answers are provided above.
What You Will Learn:
- How to teach your patients FIVE ergonomic essentials for computer use in ONE minute
- Why stretching exercises don’t improve pain
- How to quickly assess your patient for common faulty postural habits that lead to pain
- Why postural deviations cause neck/shoulder pain and headaches
- How to build your referral network by giving patients exercises to “take home” with them to use between acupuncture visits
Who Should Watch:
- Practitioners and Students looking to learn more about treating neck and shoulder pain
- Practitioners and Students looking to learn more about ergonomics
- Practitioners and Students looking to learn more about “at home” exercise prescriptions
- Practitioners and Students looking to add to their Treatment Tool Box.
About Our Speaker:
- Doctor of Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Nationally Board Certified Diplomate O.M.(NCCAOM)
- American Physical Therapy Association Fitness & Wellness Consultant
Dr. Lund owns and operates Comprehensive Natural Healthcare in Los Angeles, California where she specializes in combining physical therapy, nutrition, herbal medicine, yoga, Pilates & acupuncture to address a variety of problems, including joint & muscle pain, digestive problems, stress-related problems, menstrual & menopausal symptoms, & allergies.
Her passion for natural healing paved the way to her unique educational background combining Western medical expertise in physical therapy and Eastern Herbal Medicine & Acupuncture. Dr. Lund utilizes nutrition, emotional well-being, sleep & exercise as the foundations for optimal health. She strives to treat not only the symptoms but also the source of the ailment.
Dr. Lund completed her undergraduate studies at UC Irvine and earned her Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy from Chapman University in Orange, California. Dr. Lund has over twenty years of experience as a physical therapist, specializing in orthopedics and geriatrics. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with her Master’s Degree in Acupuncture & TCM from Emperor’s College in Santa Monica, California, and earned her Doctoral Degree from Oregon College of Oriental Medicine in Portland, Oregon. She is nationally board certified as a NCCAOM Diplomate of Oriental Medicine.
Dr. Lund is the co-author of the textbook Traditional Chinese Medicine, an international collaboration of Chinese medicine experts from both China and the West, covering the theory and practice of Chinese Internal Medicine in greater depth than any English language textbook available today.
Check out Dr. Lund’s upcoming CEU eligible webinar for a more in depth understanding of this topic:
Computer Overuse Syndrome: Exercise Recommendations & Ergonomics for Neck/Shoulder Pain
Date: Saturday, February 6, 2021
Location: Live Online Webinar
Time: 8:30 AM -5:30 PM PST
CEUs/PDAs: Approved for 8 CAB Category 1 CEUs (Provider #1700), Approved for 8 NCCAOM PDAs (Provider #9199)
Registration: Register by January 21 for the early bird discount and a free exercise foam roller and resistance band! www.RekhaLund.com/education
Phone: (310) 500-0199
Cancellation requests must be submitted by January 23, 2021. All cancellations are subject to $50 cancellation fee. Sorry, but no refunds will be processed after January 23, 2021.