In June, we hosted Dr. Ayla Wolf, DAOM, L.Ac. Dipl. OM (NCCAOM) from Acupuncture Neurology for her free webinar, Vagal Nerve Stimulation: How, Where, & Why.
About This Webinar:
Vagal Nerve Stimulation is a medical treatment that is gaining more and more attention for the treatment of many disorders including depression, migraines, chronic pain, opiate addiction, epilepsy, and chronic stress. In this webinar, Ayla Wolf will describe the neuroanatomy involved in the vagus nerve and its associated structures and central projections in the brain. She will cover what parasympathetic tone is, how a loss of parasympathetic tone manifests clinically, and highlight recent research on electro-acupuncture vagal nerve stimulation, and parameters for providing vagal nerve stimulation in clinical practice.
<<WATCH RECORDING ON DEMAND>>
(Please note: There were a few tech issues at the beginning. Fast forward about 9 minutes for start of lecture.)
What You Will Learn:
- Understand how parasympathetic tone works in the body, and how a loss of parasympathetic tone manifests clinically
- Learn the anatomy involved in the auricular branch of the vagus nerve
- Learn electro-acupuncture parameters for providing vagal nerve stimulation
Who Should Watch:
- Practitioners and Students looking to learn more about treating neurological conditions with acupuncture
- Practitioners and Students looking to learn more about the vagus nerve
- Practitioners and Students looking to learn more about using electro-acupuncture to treat the vagus nerve
- Practitioners and Students looking to add to their Treatment Tool Box
About Our Speaker:
Dr. Ayla Wolf DAOM, L.Ac. Dipl. OM (NCCAOM)
Dr. Ayla Wolf DAOM is a Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine specializing in neurological disorders, chronic pain, and concussion recovery. She is a faculty member of the Carrick Institute of Clinical Neuroscience and Rehabilitation. She teaches courses for healthcare practitioners across the country on neurological exam techniques, functional neurology, dysautonomia, and concussion recovery, and has been a featured speaker in veterans groups on the topic of brain health.
While in Dallas, Texas, Dr. Ayla Wolf DAOM was the lead researcher on a randomized clinical trial on the effects of acupuncture on cerebral blood flow velocity in mixed martial arts fighters following concussion. She was the team acupuncturist for the professional MMA fighters at Fortis MMA in Dallas Texas, working with UFC and Legacy fighters. She is now back in private practice in Bend, Oregon providing a unique combination of acupuncture, Chinese medicine, and functional neurology for the treatment of neurological disorders.
Ayla Wolf provides online CEU courses on the treatment of neurological disorders through Chinese medicine on her website www.acupunctureneurology.com. Her courses “Acupuncture & Migraines” and “The Neurophysiology of Pc 6” are currently on sale now through the end of August 2020.