In January we hosted John Scott, DOM, President and Founder of Golden Flower Chinese Herbs for his FREE webinar, Wei Qi and Immune Support.
WATCH ON DEMAND>>
VIEW COMPLEMENTARY SLIDES>>
About this Webinar:
In this webinar John explored classical concepts of the generation of Qi in the human organism. He went deeper into how Wei Qi and immune function work. Immune function is not separate from normal or Zheng Qi and optimal immune function is much more than just Wei Qi. It is generated from a much deeper function. He looked at specific Chinese herbal formulas and how they work. Different patients will benefit from varying herbal treatments to really optimize their immune function. There are no “one size fits all” formulas.
What You Will Learn:
- Concepts from classical Chinese medical literature regarding how Qi works.
- Multiple Chinese herbal approaches to immune support.
Who Should Watch:
- Practitioners and Students who would like to learn more about immune support with Chinese herbs.
- Practitioners and Students who would like to learn more about Chinese herbs in general.
- Practitioners and Students with questions about Chinese herbs for immunity.
About Our Speaker:
John Scott, DOM John Scott is a Doctor of Oriental Medicine currently in practice in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He has been in private practice since 1982. He is the founder and president of Golden Flower Chinese Herbs Inc.. John has been active in promoting oriental medicine on a local, state, national and international level. He has taught classes in the field and has been active in research. His particular passion for Chinese herbal medicine has guided his writing and teaching. He has continued to combine acupuncture with Chinese herbal medicine in his private practice
Among his activities he has pursued to help advance TCM:
- He has also participated In NCCAOM Chinese Herb Exam Development process May 20-21, 1995.
- Awarded “Acupuncturist of The Year” by the American Association of Oriental Medicine 1997
- Served on the Board of Directors of various acupuncture and Oriental medicine Associations in Texas and New Mexico and has been active on the national level.
- Served as Professional Board Member of New Mexico Board of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine Appointed by Governor Gary Johnson July 1997 October 2001.
- Member of United States Delegation for TAG (Technical Advisory Committee) for ISO TC 249. This is an international standardization organization technical committee for standardization for certain Traditional Chinese Medicine concerns. He was appointed in April 2010.
- Board Member: Neuroacupuncture Institute Term March 2015
- Volunteer NCCAOM Taskforce for Public Awareness July 2015